Friday 22 August 2008

PINK

�So What� (Zomba): B+

So much for amicable breakups. Since visiting Splitsville with hubby/motocross star topology Carey Hart, Pink has taken the high road in the press, simply in real life she�s laughing all the way to the studio.


The leading single turned her fifth album is almost whole directed at Hart and teeters 'tween self-empowerment and schoolyard parody, from the opening chants of �na na na na na na na� to the icy chorus, �So, so what?/I�m motionless a rock star/I got my rock'n'roll moves/and I don�t demand you/And infer what?/I�m having more fun/and now that we�re done/I�m gonna show you tonight/I�m alright, I�m just fine/and you�re a tool/so, so what?�


Perhaps the lady doth protest too much, as hints of loneliness and absent-husband syndrome creep in. Regardless, breakups, attitude and guitar riffs sure make for fun music.







More info